Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Hate Snowboarding!!!

Yes it's true...I hate it because I love it so much and I can't go!!! My current financial situation is such that there is no expendable income for me to go. 2009 wound up to be a bummer financially speaking and the end isn't in sight. I know...boo hoo you can't go snowboarding suck it up. I have sucked it up but I'm still pissed about it. Hitting the slopes now a days with 2 kids, lessons, gas, food and lift tickets it's a $500.00 day! It's insane when I think about it. Being around snowboarding for so long I made allot of connections from getting discounted equipment to free or discounted lift tickets. I was single nothing to hold me back...really jaded for awhile. Now that I'm a weekend warrior like the majority of working class America I have to pay to play and it sucks. I'm actually starting to feel like a schmuck complaining right now as thousands of Haitians are going through a living hell right now. There will always be something worse going on to put a certain amount of perspective on ones trials and tribulations . In hindsight I apologize for continuing to be so jaded...I've had enough days on the slopes to last 2 lifetimes. I obsess over snowboarding and obsessions are NOT healthy. I'll be looking forward to the next time I can take my family and go shred when ever that may be...in fact the longer we wait the better it will be when we're there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment