Friday, October 9, 2009

Hello...you crabby old bastard!

So here's the situation. I consider myself an avid participant in most things shred. From snow to surf to bikes (self propelled) I love it all and I am somewhat obsessed as most participants tend to be. Now I know I'm not alone out there but if all you did was pay attention to the main stream media it kind of makes me feel out of place. That is if your a middle aged family person with a hefty mortgage, wife, kids, pets, dead end job and little more (okay maybe alot more) around the waist that on the average snowfamous gung ho pro that dominates the mags and the videos. Even the old guard so to speak (for now nameless) seem to cling onto the latest next big pro to keep relevant. Listen I know I sound like a crabby old bastard but my hucking days are over and if i can't land a double corky cork backside 9000 I can't hang???

On the other hand it's hard to relate to my "peers" as our musical preferences and leisure time activities for the most part are night and day. Hanging out at the little league field and PTA meetings has me convinced I'm way cooler than the next dad (at least their kids think so) so I feel like I'm in the middle. Now I don't REALLY think I'm cooler than the average dude my age...maybe a little BUT I will still golf if asked and even go to the Def Leopard concert if you really have no one else to go with (it actually wasn't horrible)

So from my vantage point its getting harder to relate to the kids out there and even some adults so I'm reaching out to the more "seasoned" participants in all things shred to say hello, rant, rave, share pics...you know whatever bloggers tend to do and yes I'm new to this whole blog thing further distancing myself form the youth of today(there's a song in there somewhere) so please be kind at first. Once I get the swing of things then we'll let loose. My first post is "my first snowboard experience". Let me know your fond memories as to when you got hooked on the most incredibly, prohibitively expensive recreational sport known to man and why you'll give up your first born to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment